Building a successful brand can be tasking and difficult, aside being difficult it usually takes a lot of time to build a successful brand.
Before getting started, what exactly is a brand?
A brand is basically the customer’s overall perception of a business. It is what the business stands for, it’s name, symbol, basically anything that identifies the business. In other words we can call a brand the identity of a business.
Building a successful brand involves achieving a positive image and standing out in the market.
Brand building is the creation of awareness, and use of marketing strategies, techniques and campaigns to build an image that is distinct from that of others in the marketplace.
3 Phases of branding
- Brand strategy: Brand strategy shows how you are different, trustworthy, and likable by your customers. It will convey your resolution, purpose, and how you solve problems for people.
A good brand strategy should contain the following components:
- Competitor research
- Target Audience
- Brand voice
- Brand discovery
- Brand identity: is the way interact with the public with visuals, messaging, and experience. Your brand strategy is what will determine how you present your identity and align it with your purpose to achieve your goals. Brand identity includes
- Patterns and Icons
- Colors or fonts
- Packaging and prints
- Content and messaging
- Brand Marketing: This is the process by which businesses or organizations highlight and attract awareness to a brand, its products, or services by connecting values and voice to the right audience through strategic communication. Brand marketing can be done via social media marketing, Email marketing, paid advertising etc.
The above channels are collectively fundamental to building a successful brand.
7 steps to building a successful brand
- Define your purpose: Know the reason why you are existing, define your purpose, set your goals and objectives, mission and vision, and how you intend to achieve the set goals.
- Conduct market research: Conduct a research on the industry you are going into, the market and every important factors that will influence your business. You must take your time to study your competitors and conduct a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market.
- Set target audience: After conducting market analysis, define the people your brand is existing for. Who exactly you are trying to reach and satisfy with your products or services. It is important in order to narrow out your audience focus on prospective customers and filter out . This will require you to carry out a deeper analysis and create a brand persona.
- Stand out: Give reasons for customers to patronize your brand rather than any other, outline the key qualities and benefits of your brand and your advantages over the other brands you are competing with.
- Create a distinct brand identity: Form a name, create logos, tagline, colors and patterns that distinctively represents your brand. They go a long way as people will be able to easily recognize your brand as soon as they see a logo or any of your patterns.
- Proper marketing: Your business marketing is a strong determinant of the success of your brand. This is why it is important to come up with good marketing strategies and implement them properly. Set the right target market, use the right marketing channels, promotions, creative advertisements, and explore digital marketing.
- Offer quality and be consistent: A brand renowned for quality will grow naturally. People appreciate getting a good value for money spent, therefore, if you consistently offer good quality products and services at good prices, it will encourage customers patronage and this will consequently grow your brand.
The process of brand building can take time, however it is important to keep making progress and growing to achieve success.